Friday, July 25, 2008

It'll give us so much extra space in our room to do activities...

I don't think that I have ever been so quickly swayed into the 'awesomeness' of a movie as I have been by Step Brothers. I left the theater dumbfounded as to how a movie could be both so hilarious and so perfectly stupid all at the same time.

This truly could be a life changing experience for me. I have seen first hand what I want to do when I grow up, assuming I do get a job and move out of my house, much like the movie but anyway I can see no other career that I would love more than to write screenplays for films. You can constantly reinvent yourself in a way that isn't possible with journalism which is the other option that I have given myself.

But maybe I shouldn't limit myself to just that. I've always said that when I grew up and got a career it would have something to do with writing but in all honesty, even that could change. I mean I love to write but I also love travel, and talking to and making other people feel better, the whole human condition thing and it's better understanding. I want to be known as someone who did something good and maybe changed the way people thought about something by laughter or otherwise but I still am grappling with the how. Hopefully college will provide some answers. (Yes, amazing as it may seem, I am going to college, and an accredited one at that.)

So yeah, that's quite impressive really. I got quite a lot about my potential future from a movie that features a guy 'tea-bagging' another guys drum set...

0 comments: