Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I am ehh, happy that I made the puut...

I honestly cannot believe what has just happened. My favorite golfer, now world #3 Padraig Harrington has won the British Open for a second straight year and honestly I could not be more happy for someone else's success. To quite George Costanza from Seinfeld, "I'm busting Jerry, I'm busting!"

I've also been doing a lot of thinking lately about what I would like to name my child(ren), assuming I have one or two which I think I will assuming I find a woman insane enough to want to be with me and I have come up with several options which I consider to be quite good.

#1: Jemaine (no, this is not a typo and I did not mean to type Jermaine, it's a new take on the name and one I rather like)
#2: Seven (yes, I know this is a number but think about how unique my kid would be, it's certainly memorable no?)
#3: some random Irish/Gaelic sounding name that I haven't decided on yet, possibly Liam or Fergal or Fintan (those wouldn't get their asses kicked in school right?)

I used to be really annoyed by those people who pulled out their cellphones and started texting someone but now I'm one of those people. I have truly become everything I have ever hated. No, no, no, but yeah, yeah, yeah...

Also, on the subject of Irishness/Padraigness, I was recently informed by my aunt and my father that it would be possible for me to apply for dual Irish/American citizenship on account of my father hailing from the Emerald Isle. This of course would be amazing and would save me from putting a Canadian maple leaf on the back of my backpack when I travel to Europe. So take that Americans who don't have a mother or father who was born in another country! That is all.

2 comments:

Rosensteinowitz said...

I will meet this woman and slap some sense into her. About the baby names part, not about the being with you part..

Paige said...

you might have the potential of Irish citizenship, but abby has Israeli citizenship just for being bat mitzvahed! sure it took her 13 years, but she's in.