Friday, July 18, 2008

This hasn't gone exactly as planned...

So it's been about, I don't know, a week and a half since I started trying to grow a beard in earnest and it hasn't gone perfectly to plan. The small reddish orange hair sprouts seem localized around my chinular region but the further the follicles travel up either side of my face their frequency becomes considerably less well, frequent.

I suppose I could write it off to not being being fully matured yet but is it wrong that I equate whether or not I can grow a beard as a litmus test for if I am a man or not? Well I suppose I'm not but a good friend of mine can grow a full and hearty beard and he's younger than I am even if he does resemble a certain Iranian president and may have the slightest issue getting past airport security.

I may have even regressed. Recently while driving home one night I found myself wondering, tempted even, by what sort of music happened to be on a radio station that specified in playing about 20-25 songs that all basically sound the same, have the same pounding beat and techno/pop sounds, and basically interchange the words 'bed-set' with 'dance-floor' or some other sort of innuendo that uses dancing as a metaphor for sex.

I really don't know what has been happening to me but what I do know is that the beats are quite intoxicating and as such are quite conducive to dance. This can be with others or even when I am in my car listening to the radio myself. I suppose maybe I have just opened my mind.

Now if I could just open the mind of my body chemistry so that it could listen to the techno/pop music of my brain and dance a beard onto my face.

0 comments: