Friday, August 1, 2008

Thoughts on the mysterious garage house and Hans

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the 'Garage House' it's quite a sight to behold. Located sort of over by Gatewood Elementary and Glen Lake Golf course it is a giant three car garage that is really like a small house. One time when I was snooping around the place while it was being built I noticed that there were rooms behind the car stalls and even bathrooms and a shower. A real bachelors paradise I assumed.

But there were other theories as well. The garage itself has been so fancy and the lot that it was built on so expansive that I just naturally assumed that a house would be built next to the garage as well. It never materialized and whether or not it has anything to do with finances that fell through or if it had been the intention of whoever it was all along to just build a trumped up garage I had no idea.

Then months later after the construction of the garage house came the strangest news yet. Allegedly a baby had been shaken to death by someone who lived in that house. That's quite disturbing, now not only am I worried about these people because they build really luxurious garages but also because they kill babies. Surely you would never leave a child to someone who had more garage space than home space right?

After that happened there has been relatively little coming out of the place as far as news or updates but when I drive by I occasionally see either a lot of cars parked in front of the place or some over grown man children playing basketball driveway. I don't know a whole lot about the people that inhabit that place but perhaps that is a good thing as maybe we would have nothing to talk about on account of how I have a house that is bigger than my garage and them vice versa.

Hans, a chum of mine recently alleged that he was a robot. His contention being that he is very calculating while I on the other hand am very much a feeling or instinctual guy. Perhaps I am but being the contrarian that I am I challenged his claims and even presented him with a situation to see how his mathematical and calculating brain would handle the situation.

-This is the situation for him now: "You're all alone with this girl, and you like her, you've known her for a couple of weeks but you haven't been physical yet. What do you do?"

Hans then basically told me that he would analyze the situation and then determine of what percent the chances of them 'being physical', my words not his, would be. He concluded to me that he would have to be around 100% certain before he made his decision. But here's the clincher now, basically all of us think this way really. He could try to make it sound more technical by using percents but basically we all have the same thoughts more or less.

While he may use a spreadsheet excel document to chart and categorize all of his music and I don't that's just fine because I can dance and carry a tune better than he can anyway. There's probably video and/or audio evidence to support that claim to that effect somewhere in the possession of either Abby or Paige...

To Hans: I say this because I care... I think. :^) (profile of my face, note the nose)

1 comments:

Evil Hans said...

Eh, when you're right you're right. Touche my friend.