Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Allow myself to introduce..., myself

Perhaps this is long overdue, at least I think it is. Haven't you all been wondering who the mastermind behind this amazing blog is anyway? The following is a question and answer session administered by myself and answered by myself.

#1: Who are you?
a: I am Steven Phillip Fay, although my middle name should not have had two L's in it, that was he mistake of a foolish hospital matron or whatever you call them.

#2: What are you?
a: First and formost, I am a man, although as I have mentioned earlier, my facial hair would beg to differ. But I am also a writer, a comedian, a critic, a (insult stereotype about angst here) teenager and a redhead with a slight, ahem... acne problem.

#3: Why are you?
a: Well I assume because one night back in 1989 my parents were bored with just my brother and nothing was on TV, but seriously I don't much believe in fate or destiny or anything like that. It would be nice but I think that we have to make the most of ourselves from the opportunities with which we are presented.

#4: What do you want to become?
a: A good question but one that I do not know the answer to. I know that I want to be a writer and I would love to have others read the opinions and ideas or commentaries of me in some fashion. I just want to have my voice heard in some shape or form but if that means being that drunk guy with the untucked flannel shirt who gets on the evening news or being the replacement for Stephen Colbert I don't know. It should be Steven by the way, his name isn't spelled right.

#5: Barbara Walters, Oprah, your wife. You gotta kill one, fuck one, marry one, what do you do?
a: No comment.

I'm a pretty unconventional guy, this is what I have been led to believe as well as what others have told me. I'm not exactly popular but I'm not unpopular either and I would like to believe that it would be hard to pigeonhole me into any sort of stereotype of someone my age (ie., emo, jock, nerd, prep...)

I have a close group of friends but we're by no means close minded. There's Hans, my best friend for 11 years and counting since 2nd grade. He's basically a taller and blonder version of me, sort of. I couldn't imagine my life without him. Then there's Jack, who holds a quiet respect about him but also a very unique and biting humor. I couldn't imagine my life without him either, or without that beard of his... Then there's Abby, who is basically a female version of me, and I mean that in the best possible way and she knows I do. We've only been good friends for a short time but as well as we both get along and have in common, it feels like much longer. Then there's Paige, who I've also known for a short time but we've gotten close quickly. She shares my passion for song as well as dance and is by far the most.... um, physical of my friends. Together, the five of us make the perfect cast for a television sitcom.

And there you have it, that's basically me, barring a whole lot of other pointless and bizarre minutia which you shall hear about soon enough.

0 comments: